Thursday, November 14, 2013

Be Nice When it Doesn't Count


Once again it happened.  The self-represented spouse of my client called the office and let the person answering the phone have it with both barrels.  He was upset because I didn't complete the order to transfer retirement assets into my client's name until four days before the uncontested divorce hearing.  The order didn't affect him at all; it had no effect on his life.  No matter.  He ranted and raved at her.  He was truly heinous.  Fast forward to today, the day of the hearing.  I saw him in court.  He was perfectly lovely and friendly.  Actually, we couldn't get him to leave us alone.  He wanted to share all of the details of his life.  I wish I could say this was the first time something like this happened, but it isn't even close.  I am constantly amazed at the number of people who are nasty to "the help," but wonderful to the boss.   Do they think the boss doesn't find out?  I remember reading somewhere that you can always tell a person's true character by how they treat those who serve them, like waiters, secretaries and housekeepers.  I believe it.  The staff tells us how you treat them, and we believe them.  We don't allow them to be mistreated, especially by people who aren't our clients.  If you are our client, don't make us fire you.  Treat the staff right.  Here in the Trenches.

For those of you who were worried, puppy girl went to the dentist.  She now has 5 fewer teeth.  She'll be back to her usual sweet, whiny and bossy self soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment