Monday, January 26, 2015

And My Two Gold Teeth.....

This post is in honor of my dear friend who today lost the first and most important man in her life - her dad.  There is no loss that can compare, and nothing but time to ease the grief.  I grieve with her and her family and wish them peace.

The story of the two gold teeth is one my dear friend could not wait to tell her father,when she saw him to help raise his spirits.  I don't know that she got a chance.  She and I were mediating together a case.  Some people are incapable of reaching a comprehensive agreement.  They continually have something up their sleeve to throw into the mix just when it looks like matters may reach a resolution.  It's always something.  This was one of those cases.  As my friend and I put forth the latest offer from the other side, the person listened and answered their offer, then she took a deep breath and said she wanted one thing more - the return of her two gold teeth.  We thought it must surely be a joke.  It wasn't.  It was an offer we had to take back to the other side.  Could we do it with a straight face?  We weren't sure.  We did.  The response?  "She got those during the marriage, so isn't one mine?"  You can't make this up.  Here in the Trenches.

1 comment: