Wednesday, August 26, 2015

I Think I'll Take the Eight of Spades....


If you read this blog regularly, you know I have been struggling with some neck and shoulder issues over the last few months.  In typical "me" fashion, I ignored them and hoped they would go away, and then went to a wonderful chiropractor and now a medical doctor to resolve it.  I am a horrible patient because I am impatient.  I think everything should resolve immediately and not take at least as much time to get better as it did to get bad.  I am reluctant to obtain professional help for my issues.  In that way, I am just like most of my clients.  Their marriages took forever to deteriorate, but once they decide to do something about it, they want it done yesterday.  We all know that doesn't happen, and they have to be patient.

There is one area in which I am not like many of my clients.  When I hire a medical professional and put my trust in him or her, I do what they say, exactly as they tell me to do it.  I don't "cheat" on my treatment.  I don't take almost but not all of my medication.  i don't go to some but not all of my rehab.  I certainly don't that them for their advice and do the absolute opposite.  Most of my clients are like me. Lately, however, many of them are not.  They seek my advice and then don't follow it.  They hear what I tell them to do and then don't do it.  It's not that they don't want me as their attorney - most of theses types of folks acknowledge that they heard my advice.  They simply decided that it wasn't something they wanted to do.  That's like my not taking all my medication and wondering why the infection hasn't gone away.  When it turns out badly for them, they can't figure out why.  They don't understand why their case is now immeasurably more difficult for them.  All actions have consequences, folks.  That's how it rolls.  Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment