Monday, February 28, 2011

The Bucket List


Way back, when daughter was just a wee thing, I came across an article in the "Style" section of The Washington Post entitled, "50 Things To Do Before You Die."  This was way before the movie, The Bucket List, mind you.  I started to write....and found it incredibly hard to come up with 50 things for my list.  I don't know whether it was the pressure of coming up with something big or not seeming trivial, but it was hard. I don't think I actually reached 50.  It's all a matter of perspective, though, isn't it? I bet the Office Testosterone isn't having that kind of trouble.  These days, neither would I.  It's not that my standards have lowered, as much as I've come to realize that it's the little things that matter.  It's not as important that I learn to "cook Korean," as much as I learn to make one Korean dish.  You could sail the Caribbean, or simply take a sailing lesson.  So many of my clients spend so much time dwelling on past hurts and the petty annoyances that brought them to my office, that they forget the pleasure of the little things and of just living.  Start your own list - today.  What are you waiting for?

2 comments: