Monday, October 15, 2012

I'm Back


I'm just back from my second conference in 3 weeks.  I love attending good conferences.  Sure, it's time out of the office, and I certainly have more than my share of work to catch up on when I get back, but I still love them.  I learn a lot of things that help my clients here in the Trenches, and even if I only learn one new thing, I consider it money well spent.  I learn some things that keep me up at night with worry, but worry can be a positive force if it stops you from making a mistake.  I meet other attorneys who do what I do, and it is always energizing.  Some of them are people I've met over the years and who have become friends, so I love seeing them.  Some of them are people I meet for the first time, which fun too.  I also get to listen and observe other attorneys in action.  Some of them don't know what I know, so it makes me feel good that my studies have paid off.  Some of them know way more than I, and I love listening to them and learning from colleagues as well as the presenters.  It all recharges my batteries, and makes me anxious to come back and help my clients in new ways.  Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment