Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Show Me the Love



My bathroom remodel is humming along.  OK, not humming, but moving forward.  At any rate, the slabs of marble for the wall were delivered this week and installed.  That's them in the picture above.  It's hard to tell, but those are 3 separate pieces of marble, only two of which were from the same slab.  The stonecutter did a masterful job matching them and making them look like they belong together - this picture doesn't do his work justice.  Sure, we paid him for his work.  We also called him and told him what a fantastic job he did.  It made his day to have someone really appreciate his work.
 
This week I got an "Atta Girl" from a client.  They are surprisingly rare.  It's not that I don't do a good job for my clients.  The vast majority of them are very happy with my services.  They're satisfied.    Yet, they almost never say "Atta Girl," or "That was a stupendous argument."  They don't think I need it.  They show their satisfaction by paying my bill.  Don't get me wrong, I love being paid.  I like that clients put the same value on my services as do I.  Still, there's nothing that beats an "Atta Girl."  I was floating all day on that one.  It energized and inspired me.  Two little words.  So much power.  Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment