Thursday, March 19, 2015

Blue Skies and Clear Sailing


The nice thing about not training for a race is that when the weather is bad is that I don't have to go out and run anyway.  With the Disney Princess Half Marathon in the books, I had no requirement to go out an run while snow and ice covered the roads.  So, I didn't.  The first few days were wonderful.  I did my other exercises, and I stayed inside, nice and warm and dry.  The last few days have been rain.  Today, the sun was shining, the weather was almost 60 degrees, and the snow was largely gone.  I tied on my running shoes and went out for a run.  A quick four miles, and I was back home.   I had forgotten how much I love it.  It is supposed to be nice tomorrow too.....

I'm sure folks have noticed that I've been a bit lax about posting recently., at least I hope you've noticed.  It's not that I forgot about you or didn't want to write.  It is simply that life here in the Trenches is stressful.  We meet our clients when most are at their lowest ebb, emotionally.  We listen to their stories.  We're there when they call us in crisis.  We spend our days putting out the fires in their lives.  We steer them to their therapists, so they can begin to recover emotionally while we help them devise their future lives.  We teach them new ways to communicate with their spouse, new ways to solve problems.  Just when our clients start to recover, just when we begin to see the blooms of their new lives, our clients' time in the Trenches is over and they leave us.  It is how it should be.  It's just hard not to always see the bad and not the good.  When it gets to me, as it does for us all,  I exercise self care, and some of the things I don't have to do are parked on the side of the road for a while, for example, this blog.  So, don't worry if you don't see it every once in a while.  It means everything's OK; I'm just making sure I can keep on helping clients move on.  Here in the Trenches.



No comments:

Post a Comment