Saturday, November 23, 2019

Heat Adapting Your divorce


I run outside year-round.  I run in the beautiful weather of spring and fall.  I run in the heat of summer.  I run in the cold of winter. I love running in the cold or cooler weather.  When you run in the cold, the pace planned is the pace you run.  There's no humidity to stress your lungs.  Sure, it's cold, but you can warm the air you breathe.  There are no adjustments to pace.  Unfortunately, most of my races are in the Florida heat, because I run Disney. Running in the cold doesn't prepare you for running in the heat.  The humidity makes the air heavy.  It's harder to breathe.  Your legs feel heavier.  In the heat, you have adjust your pace.  You slow down.  Even your speed workouts are slower.  Otherwise, you'd probably end up with heat stroke.  Even though I would much prefer to run in the milder weather, or even the cold, I have to run in the heat in order to prepare for my races.  Otherwise, I could never finish any of my Florida races, let alone being successful in them. My coaches know this and help me heat adapt and adjust.  I couldn't do it without them.

Most people live their lives in the beautiful weather of spring and fall.  Sometimes, things get a little cold, but it always goes back to spring and fall.  Except when it doesn't.  Except when they end up in the Trenches.  Then, it's perpetual summer.  Lots of folks don't take that into account.  They certainly aren't prepared for it.  It requires a whole different set of skills.  They need to pace themselves differently.  They don't know how.  They need help.  Those of us who work in the Trenches, the lawyers, the therapists, the financial professionals, all know how to help people pace themselves while they are in the Trenches.  That's what we do.  It's how our clients successfully move successfully through their divorce and custody case and rebuild their lives in a different way.  Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment