Friday, December 31, 2010

My Parents

      Today is my parents' 51st anniversary.  I don't believe they think being married this long is any amazing feat, but given what I do for a living,  I think it's awesome.  Having observed them for some 50 years, however, I think there are a few things they do that have helped the longevity of their relationship:

  1. They touch often.
  2. They accept each other for who they are.
  3. They gloss over the small annoyances.
  4. They take turns being in the spotlight, so that they can each be fully present to support the other.
  5. They don't take each other for granted.
  6. They share common interests but also have interests that belong to each of them alone.
Happy anniversary, Mom and Dad.  Happy New Year to all of you.  I hope the new year finds you peace and joy in yourself and in your relationships.

1 comment:

  1. so cute mommaloo.
    p.s. tomorrow, I'm bringing over your movie and we're watching it.

    ReplyDelete