Monday, March 26, 2012

Bucket List - Check!


Well,  still lots of stress here in the Trenches, but I've gotten a lot of things off my plate in the last week.  Another thing that's off my plate, or at least beginning to get off that plate, is one item on my Bucket List - the Disney Princess Half Marathon.  I love Disney and I love running, so the combination is a natural.  What could be better than running through Disney World?  The two big questions were 1) When? and 2)  Costume or no?  In other words, do I go with the spirit of the race and dress as a Disney Princess, or just run the race?  Well, it might be Office Testosterone and my Dad, or it just might be that I have had far too little silly fun in my life, but "costume" won (Yes, I will post pictures, but the race is next February (that's the "When"), so I'm hoping you all forget about it by then!).  So, the pattern and the fabric for the Belle costume are wending their way to me as we sit here.  The next question is whether any of you have even started your Bucket List, much less started to work on it.  Life here in the Trenches for a client is not a permanent thing.  Life goes on, and it's too short to dwell on the things that go wrong, especially when they are things you can't change.  I am by no means trivializing what happens to clients when they end up in the Trenches, but what I am saying is that the Trenches is just one stage in a client's life.  Whether it is the stage that defines who the client is for the rest of their life, or simply a place to pass through on their way to that life, is up to the client.  So, which is it for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment