Wednesday, March 27, 2013

It's the Little Things


There are days when everything goes wrong, and then there are days when everything goes right.  Today was one of the latter.  They are so few and far between, that you just have to savor it.  First, last week I had a wee bit of a fender bender last week in the rental car I had while my own ancient chariot was in the shop.  I thought I was going to have to pay the deductible, but this morning my insurance company called and told me I have rental insurance, so it's all covered.  Wow!  Then, I finally remembered to send a photo of a piece of furniture in the office I wanted to donate to Second Chance (a great organization with a wonderful purpose), and lo and behold, they have a truck out in the area tomorrow morning.  Then, we had been going round and round gathering all the documents to finish up one of my client's cases, and today, with one five minute phone call and a quick email, we got the last one.  I had been struggling with the wording of one last clause to finish an agreement, and I woke up this morning, and it was suddenly in my head (and then down on the paper).  Sometimes, it's just the little things that make a day great.  Today was a great day.  Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment