Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Brother, Can You Spare a Dime?


I really feel very lucky.  Those of you who read this blog know that my father's health has taken quite a turn for the worse.  This week, I have to take an unexpected trip to see him.  I feel so lucky I have had my parents with me for so many years of my life, that my children have gotten to have a meaningful relationship with them, both as children and adults.  Right now, I feel lucky that I have had and have the opportunity for closure.  I am also so fortunate to have the friends I have in the Trenches.  Sure, a lot of time, we are on opposite sides of cases, but no matter what, we are friends and colleagues.  As I said, I have to fly down to Florida.  I thought I was going to have to fly down a few days ago.  In order to do this, I need someone to cover my cases.  I need someone to go to court for me on at least one occasion.  I called my friends in the Trenches.  It's the last minute.  It's a holiday weekend.  It didn't matter.  They responded - they were happy to help.  They rallied to my aid.  I'm so lucky to have their support.
I think about my clients.  I think about how much better their lives would be if they only had the support of their friends and family.  Some of them do; and some of them don't.  I can always tell which ones have meaningful support as they go march through the Trenches.  The walk is a little easier; their step is a little lighter; their recovery  and ability to move on is faster.  It doesn't take much to make a difference.  Here in the Trenches

No comments:

Post a Comment