Thursday, November 8, 2012

Oh, The Stress....


Stress is a funny thing.  When one of my puppies is getting attention or if she's not feeling well, her boyfriend is the first to let us know.  He goes crazy - he circles her, sniffs her behind, licks her nose and her ears, paces the rooms, whines, and starts all over again and then again.  He keeps going until she either stops getting attention, or she starts feeling well again.  Then, he's calm, cool and collected.  Right now, my dogs remind me of one of my clients here in the Trenches.  The months leading up to their separation were tense; the anxiety was building.  My client was a wreck before she told her husband she was leaving.  Then she told him, and all hell broke loose.  Lawyers were writing letters, and ultimatums were being issued.  Off duty police for both sides were present during the move out.  And did I mention that things were tense?  A few days passed and we heard from the client.  She and her spouse were talking, getting along and making decisions - together.  The stress of living under the same roof and of the move was past, and now cooler heads could prevail - Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment