Saturday, April 5, 2014

Office T - The Anniversary


Two years ago today, we lost our Office Testosterone.  There isn't a day that goes by that we don't think of him.  We miss his Magic Hugs when things were tough.  We miss his good humor.  We miss his level head and good cheer.  We miss his enthusiasm for everything.  We miss his work ethic.  We miss the Teletubbie dance.   We miss his smile.  We miss 5 Guys, because you can't have a hamburger without bacon; and you can't have 5 Guys without Office T.  We miss his chocolate pizza at Riccuitti's, even if he did hate strawberries.  What it comes down to is that we miss our friend - a lot.

When I got a new to me car, I thought how much he'd like it.  When my tablet died and I got an iPad, I could hear him say "I told you so."  He made my life richer for having been in it, even for so short a while.  Because of him, friends came into my life, and stayed.  Today, those friends are joining at his grave to remember a terrific young man.  It will be the first time I've been there, because he's really not - he's inside all of  us who loved him.  Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment