Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Floating Down a Lazy River...


Summertime and the living is easy, which also means I've been a bit lazy in updating the blog.  It's hard to sit down at the end of the day and write about the trenches, especially with a brand new, beautiful water feature waiting for me in the backyard.waiting for me in the backyard - Heaven on earth!

I'm also, hopefully (think positive thoughts!), coming to the end of my "Cooking for Cancer/Chemo" journey.  Office Testosterone goes into the hospital for his penultimate chemo treatment tomorrow.  Kind of stinks that it's over the July 4th weekend, but he is anxious to be done in time for the start of school (and the Blink 182 concert).  I cook some meals for him and his family for every round, sort of baking positive thoughts into every bite.  (I tell his family it's so they don't have to worry about cooking while running to the hospital and then dealing with the physical aftermath of the treatment.)  After the treatments are over, we wait and see how successful they've been.  If all of our positive thoughts have done their jobs, he'll be in remission forever.  We hope and ask all of you to send positive thoughts his way.

No comments:

Post a Comment