Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Highest Compliment

that can be paid a family law attorney is to be referred a case, not by a former client, but by their spouse.  We always hope that our clients appreciate our services, value what we did for them, know we really care, and are pleased with the result of our representation.  We don't give a lot of thought to the other party/client, except to hope they know we are doing our jobs and that it's not personal.  When a new client calls and says they were referred by the spouse of one of my clients, it feels good.  It feels even better when they say that the referral source gave them my name because I knew my stuff, treated them with respect, and really cared what happened to their family while vigorously representing my client.  Having your opponent recognize your worth, appreciate your skill, understand your message, and send you their friends is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment