Monday, August 29, 2011

Steve Jobs


By now, the entire world knows that Steven Jobs resigned as CEO of Apple.  It was a really sad day for computer geeks, but an even sadder day for those of us who aren't.  I don't know about you, and maybe I'm showing my age, but I was in high school when computers were new.  In fact, I even had a class in high school to learn how to write dos commands and programs.  It was the one class I almost failed.  None of the programming language made any sense to me.  It wasn't until I was in law school that computers started to become common in the workplace, and a few years after that before people started to have them in their homes.  Computers were useful, but they weren't fun.  Frankly, they intimidated me, just like they had in high school.  Until Steven Jobs.  He made computing fun.  No longer did you have to understand how the darn machine worked in order to use it.  His computers freed us all to explore the online world, while he went on to open up the world of online music to us all.  Then tablet computing and now streaming TV.  Even my father, who can't turn on a computer, uses an iPad - and enjoys it.  Steven Jobs revolutionized computing for us all.  Thank you, Steve, and G_d bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment