Monday, January 7, 2013

Pyrrhic Victories Anyone?


So sorry for the late posting, but I started working on my running costume for the Disney Princess Half Marathon and forgot the time completely.  Saturday, I ran my first 12 miles since the Baltimore Half Marathon.  It felt good (thankfully), but reminded me in turn of the Marine Corps Marathon back in 2008.  I finished that Marathon and then was unable to run for over 2 years because of injuries.  I ran the Baltimore Half with a personal best time, and couldn't run again for 6 months, also because of injuries.  I decided to train smarter for this race and listen to my body.  So far, so good.  I have had enough pyrrhic victories for a while.  Speaking of pyrrhic victories brings me back to....the Trenches.  Today, I received the opinion from the appeal the other side took in one of my cases.  I lost - sort of.  The appellate court sent the case back to the trial judge, but kept the original order that was appealed in place for the time being.  The instructions they gave to the trial court for what the judge needed to do when she received the case again made it clear that they want and expect the trial judge to come to the same conclusion as before.  They just want different reasons for that decision.  That's the long story made short.  So, the other side won a very expensive victory, only to be all but assured of losing all over again.  Kind of like my marathon and half marathon finishes, don't you think?  Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment