Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Happiness Project


Webster's Dictionary defines "happiness" as a state of well-being and contentment.  In fact, when you Google the definition of happiness, the words "well-being" and "contentment" appear more than any others.  Today, I'd like to talk about my favorite blog, The Happiness Project.  I find Gretchen Rubin's blog absolutely fascinating.  What she explores, on a daily basis, is helping you find your own happiness, by defining what that word and concept mean for herself and for others, so that you can discover what it takes for you to be happy.  I think her blog resonates with me because she's not about telling you how to be happy; rather, she provides the information and helps you learn that for yourself.  Her technique reflects how I like to practice family law.  I try not to resolve my clients' problems for them; what I do is provide them with information and guidance so that they can solve them for themselves.  The result is longer lasting and more satisfying, just like the "happiness" Gretchen Rubin guides her readers toward in her book and in her blog.   "Follow" Gretchen - you won't be sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment