Monday, May 7, 2012

New Scenery, New Outlook


Sometimes all you need is a change of scenery.  I talked to Mom today.  She told me that they went to the park for a picnic.   Did my Dad eat more at this picnic?  No.  Did my Dad talk more at this picnic?  Sadly, the answer again is no.  Yet, my Mom feels better and in a more positive frame of mind.  Same stuff, different place is what did it for her.  I've been feeling a bit iffy in the office.  It's kind of quiet (OK, really quiet), my allergies are bothering me, and I just can't seem to get started.  After I talked to Mom, I had a meeting out of the office.  When it was over, I realized that I had no clients coming into the office itself, and that what I had to do could be done as easily at home as in the office.  I went home, and with the very able help of the puppies (sitting around looking cute, of course), I got more done than at home than I would have in the office.  It's the same when Chrystal comes in to the office.  I get far more done because it's a change for the better from the regular routine.  Life in the Trenches, for attorneys and clients alike, is stressful, and that stress can affect all of our moods negatively.  A change of scenery, even for a short period of time can do wonders, just like a short break can save you time in the long run.  Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment