Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Running Shoes and Attorneys


As you would have to be a complete newbie to this Blog not to know, I run.  What you may not know, is that I am a little like the Princess and the Pea.  My shoes have to be just right, or I get injured.  I have gone to many running stores and been fitted for running shoes, but no one found the right fit for me until I met Joe at Potomac Running in Rockville.  Joe listened to my description of how I run, and my history with running shoes.  He watched me run on the treadmill, and then he recommended my shoes.  They fit well,  and most importantly, didn't cause injuries.  Now, it's time to get another pair of shoes.  I could get the same shoes more cheaply online, but I'm going back to Joe at Potomac Running.  Why?  Quite simply, because there is no Joe online.   I think the service he gives me is worth the extra I pay for the shoes, and so I go to see Joe.  (Besides, there will probably come a time when the shoe company stops making the model of shoes I bought.  If I and every other one of Joe's customers bought their second pair of shoes online, when the time comes to purchase a new style of shoe, Joe might not be there for me.)   It's the same with attorneys here in the Trenches.  There are online services that provide legal forms and self-help advice.  Some attorneys are cheaper than others, and some are more expensive.  Some of the cheap ones are better than the more expensive.  Some of the expensive ones are worth every penny.  Some clients simply need the online forms.  It all depends on the client.  What's important is the level of service and advice the attorney provides and whether it fits the client's particular needs.  That's far more critical than the cost.  Find your Joe and stick with him (or her) - Here in the Trenches.

No comments:

Post a Comment